As they grow.....

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Scenery Echos His Heart.........or Shadows are Existence?


Stuck at home again today...this weather is unbelievable.

Yet I don’t want too complain too much because all of this snow and ice is God at work.

As I drove around today, I gasp and said "Oh Look" to a fallen tree or water covering the road, I just could not help but wandered if God sent it to slow us down. Is this his way of wanting us to take that deep breathe, maybe stop to see what we have around us or see something that we have not been wanting to see. Make us recognize life as it is before us, what it was or maybe what it holds for us in the future. Maybe even force us to spend time with our loved ones....something so many do not do. Make us appreciate our life, our family and Him.



He is so funny you know, how things happen and we are so mad and so frustrated at the outcome this weather has caused, poor road conditions, closed facilities and delays, all causing people from getting to work which in turn means smaller pay checks, that not to mention in these current times, could cause a whole ripple effect of problems, yet He knows!



So we must continue to believe that every beautiful snow flake and every freezing rain droplet is from his heart and it is sent for a reason.




Just now I stopped typing for a second at the beckoning of my son who is lying in the living on the couch without a care in the world and completely 100% enjoying his snow day. I looked at him and smiled, thinking and wishing to be as he, so care free and debonair. While on my way back, I stopped to look out the window. I sat in awe at the beautiful scenery. It’s simply amazing.
As I continue to clamber with my words........
I have to say this blog was actually opened to write about something completely different and honestly it was about another frustration that I have in this complicated life of mine right now, but as I started typing these words just came and I will assume they were meant to be shared.


While you all are probably saying she is not the holiest of people, you are correct! Yet, please know God is engraved into my very seams and lives in the deepest of my heart and the very depths of my soul.

May the time this weather has granted be a great time of reflection and healing for you!

In awe at His ability,


Shannyn

No comments: